Top Job Bloggers’ Most Popular Articles of 2013
Compelation by Stephen Darori and Stephen Drus
You’ll Enjoy These Articles Too
- Steering Your Way to a Great Internship Program [INFOGRAPHIC] (businessinsider.com)
- Heather Huhman: Adapt or Fail: The Current State of the Internship (huffingtonpost.com)
- 4 Signs Your Fall Internship is A Waste of Time (money.usnews.com)
- Many workers suffer sexual harassment (rinf.com)
- Heather Huhman: How to Select a Candidate When Your Applicants Lack Experience (huffingtonpost.com)
- Heather Huhman: Are Millennials Ready to Be Thought Leaders? (huffingtonpost.com)
- To Pay Or Not To Pay? The Internship Dilemma [INFOGRAPHIC] (businessinsider.com)
- How to Run a Productive Internship Program and Stay Out of Legal Trouble (entrepreneur.com)
- Heather Huhman: Are Millennials Ready to Be Thought Leaders? (internetsuccess4you.wordpress.com)
- Dear startups: Stop giving internships a bad name (venturebeat.com)
Stephen Darori is the managing Partner of 3XC Global Partners. He is the Lead Principal of Darori Capital Luxembourg. Stephen has been the Chairman of the Darori Foundation since 1982.
The Darori Foundation is the largest donor of books to Israeli ( and also South African) University, College and Muncipal libraries and has consistently been so since 1969. The Darori Foundation , given the decreasing demand for hard copy books in the 21st Century Digital age , now leads and participates in Projects to put Internet Devices in Every Child in Israel. In 2013 , $5 million was earmarked to upgrade the notebooks used in schools in the Southern Periphery Towns within 20 kms of Gaza . IBM (Corp) quietly committed them selves to matching finance ( in kind) . The new IBM notebooks are purchased at almost cost to IBM ( substantially discounted ) . Lets not start a turf war in Zion between IBM Israel ( franchised sales rep and IBM Corp ) . Keep the later sentence as confidentiality as possible. Over and above Notebooks and other Internet Devices , free ISP services are provided and have been upgraded to a 100 Mega Down-link.
Stephen is also the founder of the Start Up Nation Critical Canvas. This is a Socio Economical Political Lobby to change the employment Laws in Israel and open up the Job Market to High Tech People who are not Jewish or Israeli. the pitch is simple . Israeli Academia can now longer keep pace with the Demand of the Start Up Nation’s White Silicon City ‘s Silicon Boulevard, the Golden Silicon City and the Silicon Wadi’s demand for High Tech Headcount. This is an extremely difficult Pitch to deliver as all decision makers wear two or more different Caps . The pitch says let them work in Zion, pay taxes , enjoy all the benefits of an Israeli Tax Payer but never Israeli Citizenship unless they marry an Israeli. The Tax System for individuals in Israel is structures around an Israeli ID Number. No ID number , no opportunity to work in Israel . Medical associations have a boutique solution for non-Israelis living in Zion who require medical treatment
Personal branding is the practice of people marketing themselves and their careers as brands. While previous self-helpmanagement techniques were about self-improvement, the personal-branding concept suggests instead that success comes from self-packaging. Personal branding also involves creating an asset by defining an individual’s body, clothing, physical appearance,digital and online presence and areas of knowledge in a way leading to a uniquely distinguishable, and ideally memorable, impression. The term is thought to have been first used and discussed in a 1997 article by Tom Peters.
Personal Branding is esentially; the ongoing process of establishing a prescribed image or impression in the mind of others about an individual, group or organization. Personal branding can often involves the application of one’s name to various products. For example, the celebrity real-estate mogul Donald Trump uses his last name extensively on his buildings and on the products he endorses (e.g. Trump Steaks).
Personal branding, self-positioning and all individual branding by whatever name, was first introduced in 1937 in the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. The idea surfaced later in the 1981 book Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind, by Al Riesand Jack Trout. More specifically in “Chapter 23. Positioning Yourself and Your Career – You can benefit by using positioning strategy to advance your own career. Key principle: Don’t try to do everything yourself. Find a horse to ride”.
It was later popularized by Tom Peters.
- Impression management
- Online identity management
- Reputation capital
- Reputation management
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lair, Daniel J.; Sullivan, Katie; Cheney, George (2005). “Marketization and the Recasting of the Professional Self”. Management Communication Quarterly 18 (3): 307–343. doi:10.1177/0893318904270744.
- Jump up^ Asacker, Tom (10 March 2004). “The Seven Wonders of Branding”. Forbes.com. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Jump up^ Creating Your Personal Brand – Los Ellis 2009
- Jump up^ Ries, Al; Trout, Jack (1981). Positioning: The Battle for your Mind. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 978-0-07-135916-0.